Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Road Rage

Does anyone else get offended when people pass them on the road (and by anybody else I mean generally sane people w/ clean driving records) when they're doing the speed limit? Have you ever been driving, obeying the speed limit and having yourself a nice cruise when everyone around you is whizzing by. They toss you evil looks as they pass as if you're the one going granny slow. It makes you feel as if you should be speeding and then as you speed up you notice everyone slowing down again. Since you are at the tail end of this madness you are the only one the cop in the empty parking lot sees speeding along. Yeah, happens to me all the time. When I'm behind the wheel I like the think the world is revolving around me so it's safe to assume everyone is thinking the same thing. So when I get cut off or someone is riding my back bumper like there's no tomorrow I take it personally. Not so much now as I did when I first got my license but always more so when I probably shouldn't. It's like someone invading your personal space. That's how I feel when I see someone coming up from behind in my rear view mirror. I can tell when they're gonna pass me and then I get all offended. What? my speed isn't good enough for you? I mean the sign seems to suggest that my speed is in fact good enough. How dare you imply that my driving skills are sub-par. Then they pass me only to cut me off in the front to then proceed to.. gasp... go slower than they were going in the first place. It's like I get passed just for the sake of passing. Just wondering if this was just me... does anyone out there feel like that?

No comments: