Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Crossing Ova!

When is the point where you stop drooling over expensive cosmetics that you will never ever buy in your life and start making actual purchases, amounts that used to only be on a check for a bill, towards said expensive items. I mean I could get eyeshadow all day at a dollar a pop and be fine. Or so I thought until I was able to make my first insanely expensive cosmetic purchase. Now if you were me these past couple of months you would have been obsessed with cosmetics. Most of all you would be obsessive with cheap cosmetics. I've been buying makeup in bulk pretty much since this thing started. First I would click on a picture of something high end to see what the big deal was. Why would anybody want to spend that much on (insert: lipstick, eyeshadow, blush, whatever) when they could buy it for a few dollars and be fine? I would read about people ranting and raving on how awesome this or that is thinking,"I'll just stick to my cheap stuff". But I gotta say after trying out this expensive mess, I feel like I've been converted into some sort of secret society. It really does make a difference, a very subtle difference, but a difference indeed. That being that you don't have to work as hard to put the stuff on. But playing with the stuff is half the fun. With the cheap makeup, depending on the brand, you have to grind it into your face to make it show. Not so with the expensive brand, and for how much you're paying it better not. Now that I actually have something of substance I find that all the hype has matched to the product but it's pretty much just makeup I could get anywhere for any price. I think I'll indulge in the good stuff every once in a while but stick to the dollar stuff for now.

No comments: