Thursday, February 18, 2010

I think I like waiting for packages

I’ve been buying a lot off the internet lately. Everything from pens to shoes to clothes and electronics have been arriving in neat little taped up brown boxes at various times in the week. Internet shopping is fun and all. You get something not everybody in town can just run to the store to get. You feel exclusive because most likely you are getting items much cheaper than you would in the store anyway. The only turn off to shopping online really is the fact that you can’t touch, feel, weigh in your hand. All you get is a picture and hope that it will arrive like you imagined. Anyway, I’m getting off topic here. My point is usually I get a tracking number and from there it’s a self torture session. I check it and I check it often. I have to know where it is. Did it get to the next hub? Why is it taking so long to get here? Why hasn’t the status changed? Oh my gosh, I’m never gonna get it. You should see me on the day of “expected delivery” I literally check the tracking information 7 to 8 times a day just to see if it moves. I swear when I finally get the package. I’m happy and all, but a part of me misses having something to check on. It doesn’t really matter what the package is as long as I have a tracking number. I guess in a sick way a part of me likes to have something out there that belongs to me. It’s like a game that I have no control over concerning if my merchandise will get from point a to b without incident.

No comments: